"alsa:open plughw:Permission denied"
  • From: "C. Brouerius van Nidek" <cbroueriusvannidek@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 20:18:42 +0700
Every time I start Xawtv on my 9.3 Suse in KDE 3.5 I get the information
"alsa:open plughw:Permission denied". After I click OK everything more or
less works but I have the feeling that alsa is not working fully.
I have read in the Alsa wiki, Alsa Howto and I googled but apart from someone
on an Italian list who seemed to have the same problem I also came to the
Suse pdf data where I also did not find what to do.
No idea how to work on the plughw and how to make the needed permission .
Somebody with a workout?

  • No further messages