64-bit and 32-bit conflict
  • From: Maura Edeweiss Monville <memonvil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:37:37 -0500 (CDT)
I'm struggling to install the CERN library on my 64-bit laptop.
I have been told by two people here who have already tried that they
eventually gave up and had to replace the operating system in order to
install the CERN library on a 32-bit machine.
They told me all the errors I'm getting might as well be caused by my
64-bit laptop.
Since the source code is available, I wonder IF it is possible to compile
on a 64-bit machine. Maybe I'm missing the point. What are the issues at
compiling source code for 32- versus 64-bit architectures ?

Thank you in advance.

Maura