Re: [SLE] How Do I Set Default Permissions
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 11:01:59 +0100

> The Thursday 2006-04-13 at 15:40 +0100, Kevanf1 wrote:
>
> > I've got the feeling that Donald is after the file or area that SuSE
> > stores its 'default' set of permissions that it refers to when it
> > automatically creates a new entry in fstab. Am I correct? If so, I
> > would be very interested in knowing this myself.
>
> You mean hotplugged devices, like usb drives? Look under /etc/udev and
> perhaps /usr/share/hal
>
> - --
> Cheers,
> Carlos Robinson

Mmmm, yes and no, Carlos. I'd like to know where the area is that
SuSE actually holds the file with it's permissions set. As an
example, if I were to install a brand new clean SuSE 10 where are the
actual device permissions held that the install refers to then?
Xmas may be over but, PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay