Re: [SLE] For those who follow such things [ot]
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 21:13:35 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

>> By participating in forums/lists such as this you have already done
>> so yourself. Patricks contribution (whatever it might be) is
>> negligible.
>
> Well, the fact that some people answer emails here including the full
> real address of the person they are responding to complicates things.

What I meant was - if anyone wants to harvest email-addresses, all they
have to do is sign up for a few mailing-lists. The minute you write to
a list, your email-address is public. Archiving might make the
addresses more accessible, but not more public.

>> Several dozen in 36hours isn't too bad. I have a customer that is
>> regularly hit by waves of 100.000/day.
>
> Bounces? Or simply spams?
> Because I know how to filter spam, but bounces caused by spam, no, not
> yet.

No, 100.000 bounces because of emails/spams sent with a forged
sender-address.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich