Re: [SLE] For those who follow such things [ot]
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 11:45:06 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

>> > Bounces? Or simply spams?
>> > Because I know how to filter spam, but bounces caused by spam, no,
>> > not yet.
>>
>> No, 100.000 bounces because of emails/spams sent with a forged
>> sender-address.
>
> Horrible! :-(
> How can you fight that, besides dumping the client (recipient)
> address?

You can't really - they are genuine rejects of forged emails. Depending
on how much of the rejected email is attached, sometime the reject will
be recognised as spam, sometimes it won't.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

--
http://www.spamchek.com/ - managed anti-spam and anti-virus solution.
Let us analyse your spam- and virus-threat - up to 2 months for free.

< Previous Next >