Re: [SLE] For those who follow such things [ot]
  • From: Josef Wolf <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:00:35 +0200
On Sat, Apr 15, 2006 at 08:44:28PM +0200, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Saturday 2006-04-15 at 20:17 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

> > > In the past 36 hours, I have been hit by several dozen 'Undeliverable
> > > mail Returned to sender' messages, in response to spam sent out
> > > notionally in the name of my domain. Thank you for your contribution,
> > > Patrick Shanahan, to placing my email address in plain view on the
> > > internet.
> I have got some of those bounces, too. It means people that bounce after
> accepting the email, which is a no-no.

Unfortunately, last time I checked, Suse's default postfix configuration
was to do just this (bouncing) :-( I've brought the topic to the
suse-security list, but noone seemed to care :-((

> Because I know how to filter spam, but bounces caused by spam, no, not
> yet.

Yes, bounces caused by spam is a big problem for me too :-( And Suse
contributes to this problem because, by default, it is configured to bounce.

< Previous Next >