Re: [SLE] Conflicts installing apt
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 10:39:04 -0400
On Sunday 16 April 2006 09:09, perlcgi2000 wrote:
> I'm tying to install apt and I Yast is telling me that I need libdb.so.2 &
> librpm.so.0

You haven't described your environment, but on my 10.0 system:

carl@linux:~> rpm -q --whatprovides libdb.so.2
db1-1.85-90
--> So, this package is included with SUSE 10.0

carl@linux:~> rpm -q --whatprovides librpm.so.0
no package provides librpm.so.0
--> ... whereas this package isn't.

A little Google research suggests that librpm.so.0 was distributed with SuSE
9.0 and 9.1. ** I also came across some postings where someone was getting
this error while trying to install apt4rpm, which is the server (to manage
and provide apt repository services) instead of just apt-get, the client
package**

There /is/ an rpm you can download and install containing a script that looks
at your SUSE installation then downloads, installs and configures the apt
client for you, completely automatically. It's a great time-saver. Check out
this link:

http://susewiki.org/index.php?title=Install-apt4suse

hth & regards,

Carl