Re: [SLE] updating to PHP5
  • From: "Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru)" <andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:05:05 +0300
Hi,

httpd.conf is NOT a script. Its a config file for apache. To start xamp, run
"/opt/lampp/lampp start", and "/opt/lampp/lampp stop" to stop it. This will
launch apache, mysql, and proftpd. To start just apache, run
"/opt/lampp/lampp startapache"

xamp documentation is available at http://www.apachefriends.org

BTW, if you move to Linux, you have to dig linux quite deep, otherwise once
you run into software trouble, you may get trouble inside your company. Even
1 hour of e-mail outage generates degree of heat equal probably of nuclear
powerplant.

> Well, I'll give it a try and keep this thread with results.
>
> I've already grabbed and exploded the file. Its contents are now in a
> /opt/lampp folder in a SuSE 10.1beta8 box. I can see a lampp script file.
> Please, don't laugh, how can I run this script from the command line? It is
> surely obvious for you, but what it is obvious for me, to write the name of
> the script while in its folder and to hit enter only gives me a command not
> found message. Thanks!

< Previous Next >