Re: [SLE] updating to PHP5
  • From: "Ricardo Rodríguez - XEN" <rrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: 16 Apr 2006 22:02:48 +0200
>>> Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru)<andreil1@xxxxxxxxxxx> 16/4/2006 21:05 >>>
>Hi,

>httpd.conf is NOT a script. Its a config file for apache. To start xamp, run
>"/opt/lampp/lampp start", and "/opt/lampp/lampp stop" to stop it. This will
>launch apache, mysql, and proftpd. To start just apache, run
>"/opt/lampp/lampp startapache"

>xamp documentation is available at http://www.apachefriends.org

>BTW, if you move to Linux, you have to dig linux quite deep, otherwise once
>you run into software trouble, you may get trouble inside your company. Even
>1 hour of e-mail outage generates degree of heat equal probably of nuclear
>powerplant.

Thanks, Andrei. And thanks indeed for the advice! Yes, you are completely right! I'm just at the beginning of this movement toward Linux just running a handfull of SuSE evel systems.

Please, could you tell me why /opt/lampp/lampp start works and lampp/starts while at /opt/lampp folder doesn't? Thanks again!

Best,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez