Re: [SLE] Dell Inspiron Keyboard
  • From: kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 13:40:41 -0700
On Sunday 16 April 2006 11:02 am, Per Kustemo wrote:
> Forgot to tell you that I have dual boot with XP as the other OS and there
> all the keys works ok.
<snip>

Can you grab a live DVD/CD of some other distribution and try that.

Also - since I long deleted your original email - what keys are "bad"?

I'm wondering if you have the keyboard setup to another country than your own.
I know when I was in Germany the Z and Y keys were reversed as well as a few
others when compared to my US keyboard.

As somebody mentioned, you might also plug in another keyboard to see what it
registers. Remember, that you might need a USB keyboard if your inspiron is
like mine. (I only have USB, || and serial ports.)

--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

43...for those who require slightly more than
the answer to life, the universe and everything.