Disabling the acx_pci driver
  • From: Allen Seelye <allen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 06:50:39 -0600
I'm trying to set up a Linksys WPC54Gv2 PCMCIA wireless card on suse 10.
It was working beautifully on suse 9.3 but since switching to 10 I
haven't been able to make it work. I figured out the the acx_pci driver
is somehow "locking" the card so that no other drivers can claim it.
There is no package with the word acx in the name or description so it's
not as simple as simply uninstalling an rpm. I have found acx_pci.ko in
/lib/modules/2.6.13-15.8-default/source/net and references to it in
modules.alias, modules.dep and modules.pcimap, so I'm assuming that it
was included in the kernel. I've tried removing all references to the
driver in these files and doing an rmmod acx_pci but when I reboot, the
module is loaded again and the references have been magically rewritten
into those files.

My question is how do I disabled the acx driver so that it will no
longer claim the card?

--

-Allen

--

Allen Seelye
Allen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable."