Re: [SLE] connecting to a UNIX or a Linux cluster from SuSE
  • From: "Ben Rosenberg" <red.kryptonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:53:11 -0500
On 4/18/06, Maura Edeweiss Monville <memonvil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From my laptop running SuSE9.3 I can connect to a SUN station (UNIX sstem)
> or a Linux cluster.
> I connect through ssh. How can I get a graphic connection ?
> So far I only get a character connection ?
> Which SuSE module shall I install (installation parameter ? ) ?

Depending on what you'd like to run you can just do this...

ssh -X <host id>

This enables X forwarding via ssh tunnel so you can run things such as
Veritas or other such applications. I'm not sure whatelse you'd like to do..
you can export the whole desktop from the Sun to SUSE but that would be SUCH
a piggy. ;D

- Ben

--
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.