Re: [SLE] print to PDF pseudo printer
  • From: "suse_gasjr4wd@xxxxxxx" <suse_gasjr4wd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 00:44:58 -0400
On 4/18/06 6:25 PM, "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The Tuesday 2006-04-18 at 14:26 -0600, kevin.kempter@ wrote:
>

>> I want to be able to print to a pdf file. If I go to Kmenu --> Utilities -->
>> Printing --> Printing Manager
>>
>> then I see "print to file (PDF)" listed but this printer does not show up in
>> any application as a printer selection. Can someone tell me how to setup this
>> pseudo printer so my applications see it...
>
> As it is not a cups provided printer, many applications will not see it.
> I think you have got to tell applications to print using kprinter, and
> once there, switch to the pdf pseudo printer.

I always just print to a PS file, then double click on it and it converts.
(I also make sure I install a few apps so I can chose what one I want to do
the deed.)
You can also have a hot folder. Any PS file that goes in it gets converted.
Just make sure you give your self a minute or so. If it starts making the
PDF before the PS file is done it turns to garbage.

This is another step, but it _always_ works.
Better than Distiller on the other XP or OSX. (and cheaper)

--

Thanks,
George

``Badges? We ain't got no badges! We don't need no badges! I don't have to
show you any stinking badges!'', ``The Treasure of the Sierra Madre,'' 1948.