Re: [SLE] Firefox 1.0.8
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:22:45 +1000
Paul Cartwright wrote:
On Mon April 17 2006 11:44 pm, kai wrote:
I have yet to successfully create a checkinstalled rpm. I always
seem to get an error.

Dunno - maybe it is just me.

I remember someone saying that after you do the make, if you do a make install, then try checkinstall.
It can't hurt, it would only install on top of the other, but then RPM database would know..
This may apply to tarballs generally but as far as the one I am talking about - which is the Firefox (or Thunderbird) one - this does NOT apply.

If you download from the Mozilla.org URL I gave previously the tar.gz which has "installer" in its name all you do is to put it into a directory within your /home/<yourname> (I call mine Temp0), start mc (Midnight Commander), highlight the file and press F2 key where you will select 'z' as the option; this will untar the file into its own directory under Temp0; you then enter that directory and double-click on the 'install' file - and FF (or TB) will be magically installed. After installation all you need to do is to setup the symlink for the java plugin.

Cheers.

--
I was very heavily into pornography. Then my pornograph broke.