Re: [SLE] Firefox 1.0.8
  • From: Peter Nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 07:30:01 +0100
On Wednesday 19 April 2006 07:22, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Paul Cartwright wrote:
> > On Mon April 17 2006 11:44 pm, kai wrote:
> >> I have yet to successfully create a checkinstalled rpm. I always
> >> seem to get an error.
> >>
> >> Dunno - maybe it is just me.
> >
> > I remember someone saying that after you do the make, if you do a make
> > install, then try checkinstall.
> > It can't hurt, it would only install on top of the other, but then RPM
> > database would know..
>
> This may apply to tarballs generally but as far as the one I am talking
> about - which is the Firefox (or Thunderbird) one - this does NOT apply.
>
> If you download from the Mozilla.org URL I gave previously the tar.gz
> which has "installer" in its name all you do is to put it into a
> directory within your /home/<yourname> (I call mine Temp0), start mc
> (Midnight Commander), highlight the file and press F2 key where you will
> select 'z' as the option; this will untar the file into its own
> directory under Temp0; you then enter that directory and double-click on
> the 'install' file - and FF (or TB)
Ouch long winded or what i thought mc was supposed to be quick ..Duhh

"tar zxfv "
"cd into dir"
"./mozilla-installer"

job done .

Pete .

--
The Labour party has changed there emblem from a rose to a condom
as it more accuratley reflects the governments political stance.

A condom allows for inflation halts production destroys the next gereration,
protects a bunch of pricks, and givesyou a sense of security while you are
actually bieng fucked

from GSM

< Previous Next >