Re: [SLE] Running Windows Media Player with SuSE?
  • From: JB <yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:54:29 -0500
On Wednesday 19 April 2006 08:49, Gil Weber wrote:

<snip>

> Here's how to view the problem. Go to:
>
> www.mlsnet.com (that's MLS.NET)
>
> then on the left side click "sights and sounds," and then on the next
> screen immediately to the right of "sights and sounds" click on any of
> the video clips, for example: 04/15: Razov puts Chivas USA up: 350K
>
> For me a screen opens promoting a new pay-service to view videos, and
> offering a free trial period. There is a screen to the upper left where
> sample videos are supposed to play. But for me it is blank, and stays
> blank.

<snip>

> So, gurus, can anyone figure a way to get this to work with SuSE 9.3 and
> SuSE 10.0?

I just tried it with Konqueror. The window pops up that *should* play the
video...but it doesn't. I then pasted the URL into Xine, but before entering
it, I deleted all the 'java' crap out of the URL, so that it was just a plain
mms URL...and then it played fine. It's just the crappy written java on the
site it seems.