Re: [SLE] SuSe and issues with their kernel's.
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 14:01:14 -0200
> > And I am a bit upset that
> > they change their kernel so much that some of these applications will
> > not compile on their kernel.
>
> AFAIK, SUSE is working towards a mostly-vanilla kernel, and have already
> reduced the number of extra patches considerably.

Yep, I have heard that SUSE kernels will be vanilla and for installing
modules the "rpm" system would be used as for packages - which I
believe is the right way to go.

I hope, that Vanilla kernels will include more fnctionality built-in.

> > Or if anyone is using GFS on SuSe let me know what you did.
>
> I have only looked at it so far, but I find it very difficult to accept
> that SUSEs kernel modifications would prevent GFS from building.

If the GFS is so great, why not include a GFS inside SUSE Linux 10.2 ?
What OSes include GFS on DVD right now ? FC4/5 and RHEL4 ?
< Previous Next >