Setting default UMASK when using yast
  • From: "Gregor Schneider" <rc46fi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:37:21 +0200
Hi guys,

I'm facing a problem when adding a user with yast.

Every home-dir of the user is created with 022, however, I'd like to
change it to 0117.

I've already changed the UMASK-entry in /etc/login.defs and
/etcprofile, ran SuSeconfig to no avail.

Since those users are ftp-users only, they all have the default shell
/bin/true - might that be the reason why /etc/login.defs and
/etc/profile are obviously not triggered?

Unfortunately, changing from yast to useradd is not an option.

Would be great if one of you has any hints for me.

Ah, yes: Suse 9.2

Clueless greetings..

Gregor

  • No further messages