RE: [SLE] Any recommendation for a 64 bit Athlon motherboard
  • From: lerninlinux@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 17:33:18 +0000

From: "James D. Parra" <Jamesp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Not trying to sound mean, but what type of server?
> >
> > I have a gigabyte MB that is running my home server just fine
> > (Samba, NFS). But for a production webserver, I'd be
> > looking for one with ecc memory. Different needs, can get
> > much different suggestions.
>
> No offense taken. Looking for one that doesn't have PCI Express on it. It
> will be postgres/storage server.
>
> Thanks,
>
> James

Mine is a gigabyte K8NSC939, and the reason I bought it, I wanted to use some existing memory and video card. They are getting harder to find (Nforce3) as the Nforce4 went PCI Express. Heck the only reason I went ahead and upgraded, was I bought my CPU for $240, when it was going for a lot more (Athlon 64 4000), no idea what it would cost now, but it is WAY more then my needs.

< Previous Next >