Re: [SLE] print to PDF pseudo printer
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:49:36 +0200 (CEST)

El 2006-04-20 a las 11:24 -0400, suse_gasjr4wd escribió:

You forgot to email to the list.

> > How do you create hot folders?

> The actual set up was done by someone that isn't here anymore but I know it
> can be done. I checked and we don't have his number or email anymore.
> I don't do scripts, but it only took him a few minutes and all he did was
> make a little script. Cron I think...?

Well, yes, it could be done with cron. Listing the directory every minute
would work. Or watching the directory entry itself for a modification
time, then get a listing.

But I thought there would be a more sofisticated way. Perhaps with "fam"
(File Access Monitoring Daemon), but never used it.

> I remember he had to tweak it because the PS files weren't done before it
> was trying to make the PDF...

Yes, I understand. Once I detected a new file, I would perhaps wait till
it stoped growing.

> Sorry for not being any help, but I know it can be done, I watched him and
> it seemed very easily...it's just not my cup of tea so I didn't watch that
> close.

Don't worry, I was just curious.

- --
Saludos