Re: [SLE] mode 3 suse 10
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:30:48 +0200 (CEST)

The Thursday 2006-04-20 at 16:42 +0200, Hans du Plooy wrote:

> > As far as I know, it has been always there, and still is. Just type a 3
> > before the kernel starts loading. At the first key you type, it stops
> > counting down time and waits.
>
> Not quite, it's kinda obscured, unless you modify the boot parameters in
> grub.conf.
>
> You have to hit F2 (I think) for "Options" - this opens the line where
> you add kernel parameters.

I thought it oppened with any key, or as soon as you start to look for one
of the systems to boot up and down. I don't remember, but I know I find
the way when I need it ;-)

> By default SUSE puts a "showopts" at the end of the kernel parameters in
> grub/menu.lst - nothing before it is displayed, everything after it is.
> I always take this option out and change the splash=silent to
> splash=verbose - like to see what's going on!

Well, yes, I always have it at "verbose" too. But regardless of the
"showopts", you can always add a "3" there. Whether you have to press "F2"
first, I wouldn't know, in verbose mode you don't need it.

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >