Re: [SLE] hal/haldaemon
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:50:35 -0400

> > To compound problems, it is not even mentioned in the SuSE admin
> > book, at least in version 9.3, don't know later.
Really wasn't an Admin book w/ 10.0 unless you mean the one on the
computer.

> Also the precise reason linux is being so s l o w to be adopted by
> many windows users. People converting from windows -DON'T- want to go
> to a command line to edit a file no matter how much faster it is. It
> is all about proper syntax in the config files which is not
> guaranteed when editing by hand. Teach people how to use the system
> first then teach them the shortcuts, it is a much faster process.
Nahhhh, there are a few geeks in windows as well. Tell 'em it is a
registry edit and they will be fine w/ it. ( i.e. same idea different
file to edit. )

Although I agree I would like to see even minimal gui for some things..
at least you could see the entire file you are trying to edit, and just
maybe you "decide to let the mystery be" at least until some more
documentation is forthcoming..

"When You Earnestly Believe You Can Compensate For A Lack Of Skill By
Doubling Your Efforts, There's No End To What You Can't Do."

< Previous Next >