Re: [SLE] SuSe and issues with their kernel's.
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 03:55:51 +0200
On Friday 21 April 2006 02:44, Brad Dameron wrote:
> Maybe I should not have posted it like this.
> But I was very flustered.

Maybe.

You should have posted

1) where you got the third party software. Are you aware that there is a
specific version of GFS for Red Hat's own kernel? Were you using that? How
are we to know?

2) Specific error messages

Just asking how to compile a vanilla kernel because the default is
'disgusting' is perhaps not a terribly professional approach, wouldn't you
agree? I'm surprised you got as many replies as you did

You also talk about compiling applications against the kernel, and vaguely
saying it fails. How about a little detail? Like maybe a few names of those
applications. Maybe then someone could see to it that whatever it is that's
not working could be corrected. Not everything is through evil and malicious
intent you know, there is such a thing as bugs in software. And with bug
reports like yours they are likely to remain

This is where I would offer something constructive, but since I have
absolutely no information to go on, I can't

< Previous Next >