Re: [SLE] SUSE10 -- wireless "profiles"?
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:19:19 -0400
I have found that SCPM is a very effective tool. In my situation, I have a
number of different needs:
Wired DHCP with HTTP proxies set up for work
Wired DHCP For teaching at a local university.
Wireless unsecured - For MIT at the BLU meetings, installfests, and
traveling.
Wireless secured - For home.
Wired static IP.

With SCPM profiles set up, it is simple to bring up my system in the
different network environments. The wireless environments should also have
the wired interface (eth0) turned off otherwise the routing loses its
default route.

The only problem I have had with SuSE 10 and SCPM is that the profile boot
parameter does not appear to work, but I have not checked it closely enough
to see if I have everything kosher.
--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group