Re: [SLE] noauto setting not working in fstab entry for vfat partition
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 12:32:05 -0400
On Saturday 22 April 2006 11:54, Carl Hartung wrote:
> Thanks Carlos & Stan, for the background and ideas. I'm off to investigate
> now. I'll report back...

OK, I've narrowed the problem down to Gnome mounting the filesystem when I log
in. :-/

Here's what I did:

a) Ctl+Alt+F1 to console
b) logged in as root
c) umount /dev/hdc1
d) exit (returned to login prompt)
e) Ctl+Alt+F7 (returned to desktop)
f) Desktop>Logout>checked 'Save current setup'
g) checked 'Restart the computer'

After rebooting:

h) at the gdm greeter, Ctl+Alt+F1 to console
i) logged in as root
j) 'mount' shows /dev/hdc1 is *not* mounted
k) exit and Ctl+Alt+F7 (return to greeter)
l) logged into desktop as user
m) Ctl+Alt+F1 to console
n) logged in as root
o) 'mount' shows /dev/hdc1 *is* mounted.

I didn't have any user-level applications open, that I know of anyway... just
the usual taskbar/panel(?) stuff: volume control, mixer, KOrganizer Reminder
Daemon, SUSEWatcher, KGpg, KSensors, Ethernet connection, Display
information, clock/date

Any ideas, folks?

Thanks!

Carl