Re: [SLE] noauto setting not working in fstab entry for vfat partition
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 13:21:33 -0400
On Saturday 22 April 2006 13:01, S Glasoe wrote:
> You've narrowed it down to the user login mounting hdc1. hdc1 is a
> partition used for backups?

Yes

> What do you use for backups?

It's a simple home-brew script that I run manually at the end of the day
and/or before shutting the system down. I logout of my desktop, switch to a
console, log in as root, drop to run level 3 and run the script. It mounts
hdb8 and hdc1, creates/updates my backups (methods are filesystem dependent)
and umounts the filesystems when done. I've verified that it actually does
umount them correctly upon completion of the script.

> Is it auto-started at user login?

I wish ;-)

When I have a bit more time later this weekend I'll 'hit the books' and do
some Google research on it.

regards,

Carl

< Previous Next >