Re: [SLE] hal/haldaemon
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 19:25:27 +0200
On Saturday 22 April 2006 18:45, Istvan Gabor wrote:
> > That's to distinguish it from its read-only counter-part
>
> (AKA cdrom). Perhaps
>
> > you would prefer cdrwm? ;)
>
> Well,
>
> I prefer cdrw.
> But it could be cdburner, cdwriter, whatever.
> The important is being able to set it up easily w/o
> hacking fstab and hal stuff.

Yes, you're right. I didn't say it before, but I would welcome an application
for that. :)

BTW, those HAL-files are xml, right? Then there must be a DTD-file for them
somewhere, right? If so, those DTD-files could be loaded in Quanta, and it
would make it easier to edit them (except for PCDATA stuff).

But a specific application would be far better. There seems to be nothing on
SourceForge or Berlios. But there is something on Freshmeat:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/kde-hal-device-manager/

Cheers,

Leen