SUSE legacy - supporting SUSE 10.0
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 19:43:08 +0200
Hi all !

As SUSE 10.1 comes near - SUSE 10.0 will not be supported anymore. At
least that's my fear.
I do *not* want to change my Desktop OS every half year - that's too
frequent for production environment.
The problem is - with every OS release I get old bugs fixed - but new
ones appearing (regressions) - so even if I switch to 10.1 - it *will*
be newer, but I'm not sure if it will be more stable.

What I do want is to have my OS - SUSE Linux 10.0 - more stable.
Unfortunately, SUSE Linux 10.0 turned out to be poorly tested - even
considering the fact that I have filled over 40 bugs in openSUSE
Bugzilla during the two-month testing period.

Just half year passed since release - but bugfixes are scarse - and
support is poor.

I would like to change that. First build a community - wiki page on
openSUSE that document the bugs & other usability/configuration
problems in SUSE Linux 10.0 - and provide solutions for them -
described in plain text.

If this proves to be successful - next target would be releasing
unofficial, community-made "Service Packs" that solves many problems
all-at-once.
< Previous Next >