Re: [SLE] OT: Posting from another unsubscribed address for a subscriber?
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 20:38:25 +0200
Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [04-12-06 14:58]:

So the mail client setup here could be:
- 3 Inboxes, each with their own email address
- The SMTP entry of GMail
- A dialup connection using one of the email addresses to authenticate
myself to the ISP.

When I send email from any one of the three email addresses I have, it will all be delivered regardless of the sending email address?

An idea? comments?

I have not used gmail's smtp service, but it *may* require that you use
your gmail account address. My roadrunner account does not require
this, so I have not bothered to try gmail-smtpm and am able to use a
gmail From: address.

Their instructions and/or a simple trial email should provide you with
the answer.

I'll give it a try and report back in a bit.
FYI: Using the GMail server as an SMTP server does NOT work for me when I am sending messages with a from gmail address, at least not in Mozilla 1.7.2.
<snip>

Thread closed