Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Sales?
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 22:29:05 +0200
On Saturday 22 April 2006 21:11, Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
> I note that open SuSE is going on to ver 10.2 right after it is done
> with the RCs for version 10.1. There is no mention of a public sale of
> boxed sets for us small folks. Is this the future course? Or will
> there be boxed sets of SuSE 10.n offered in the future?

I'm not privy to the plans for the future, but I haven't heard anything about
sales of the boxed version being stopped.

But opensuse is just the development project. Obviously they will move on to
the next version as soon as this one is done, this is what development does:
they develop. This will happen regardless of the fate of the boxed version