Re: [SLE] Accounting?
  • From: Jim Saville <jsaville@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:44:29 -0400
BandiPat wrote:
On Saturday 22 April 2006 09:24, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Saturday 22 April 2006 08:25, BandiPat wrote:
Hey users,

What about a small accounting program? Something to keep track of
inventory and invoicing, money coming in, money going out? Something someone likes, uses or suggests to try? I'll do some
searching on this end today, but I'd be happy to hear of something
others use that is stable and not difficult for new users to setup.
I can't personally vouch for a specific package, but I can give you
some related links from my personal archive:

A list of Linux accounting packages:
http://www.aaxnet.com/design/linuxacct.html

Compiere (http://www.compiere.org) is a complete ERP + CRM
business system with accounting subsystems.

GNUCash (I think is included with SUSE) doesn't do inventory control
but it does include invoicing, AP/AR, etc.

Quasar (http://www.linuxcanada.com/) is available in GPL (no support)
and 'retail' verions (with support.)

hth & regards,

Carl

Carl,
Thanks for the detailed info site on accounting packages. It was useful to say the least. I hadn't been keeping up with GnuCash lately, so was surprised at the many new features it has added. Now, if I can get it to do some type of inventory management, it will fill the bill nicely.

Thanks also to Donald for your input on GnuCash. What things do you manage with it, you didn't say.

Still researching here, but thanks for the information guys.

Lee

I would suggest that you check out SQL-Ledger at www.sql-ledger.org, if you have not done so already. I have been using for about 18 months now to run my consulting business.

Jim

< Previous Next >