Re: [SLE] SUSE legacy - supporting SUSE 10.0
  • From: Leendert Meyer <leen.meyer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 01:01:01 +0200
On Sunday 23 April 2006 00:30, Alexey Eremenko wrote:
> > Do you understand what YOU is ?
>
> Yes, and I don't like it at all.
>
> I want offline system for updates.

Aha! :) I did that for a while when I was without an internet connection. I
collected some rpms on an usb disk in an internet café, and at home I
installed them with 'rpm -Fhv'. Or I created a YaST source, and installed
them with YaST (or apt4rpm/apt).

> Like Service Packs. Nothing else will satisfy me.

IIUC, a Service Pack is just a bunch of updated rpm packages, collected in a
certain timespan. Then I had my own mini Service Packs. ;)

Cheers,

Leen

< Previous Next >