Audio file preview in Konqueror - Suse 10
  • From: "Steve Jacobs" <stevetjacobs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 00:39:06 -0400
I recall that I used to be able to preview an audio file by
positioning the cursor over the file icon, in older versions of Suse.

On my recently installed OpenSuse 10 system, that no longer works.

Within Konqueror, I HAVE checked the option to preview audio files.
I have downloaded the various multimedia codecs and installed them. I
can listen to MP3 files in the various audio apps, and watch .avi
files or DVDs using the appropriate apps.

However, nothing plays when I position the mouse cursor over an .mp3 file.

I've spent the last couple of hours searching various forums and
Google for a solution, and found a few other mentions of the problem,
but nothing helpful.

Anybody here know what can be done to repair this?

Thanks,
Steve