Re: [SLE] Modifying video modes
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 09:55:03 -0400
Vitalijus wrote:
> James Knott wrote:
>
>> Is there any way, short of modifying xorg.conf, to change the available
>> video modes? When I scan through the four modes configured for my
>> monitor, I find there is one (768x576) that doesn't work with my monitor
>> (IBM G541 flat screen, using IBM 9512 in SAX2). I would like to remove
>> that mode, but I don't see any options for this in SAX2.
>>
>> tnx
>>
> try to press "CTRL ALT +"

The question was how to change the availble modes, not switch between
them. When I use those keys, to switch through the modes, I hit one
where the monitor won't sync. I'd like to remove that mode from the
list. While I can edit xorg.conf, that file says not to modify it.
However, I don't see any means in Sax2 or elsewhere to select available
modes. This was available back in the XFree days.