Re: [SLE] Wine problem
  • From: Michael W Cocke <cocke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 13:44:21 -0400
On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 10:59:01 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm trying to get an old copy of MS publisher working with wine. But I get
>these errors. Could someone give me an idea what I'm missing?

How old a version of publish? Publish 1 (or was it 2? - the first
shipped version) had major problems and used a completely different
internal architecture than all other MS apps.. That was the version
that MS bought from the original company and relabeled. There's no
way at all to make that version work in wine. It barely worked in
windows. Malloc faults resulted in a crash roughly hourly.

Publish 98 can be made to work with wine, just force the emulation to
windows 95 (see the wine system.ini file).

Publish XP should 'just work' - it always has here.

Mike-
--
If you're not confused, you're not trying hard enough.