Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Sales?
From: "Bryan S. Tyson" <bryantyson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Sunday 23 April 2006 06:39 pm, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
As an aside, when did libDVDcss become legal in the United States?

It's obviously legal under the right circumstances since all living-room DVD
players and Windows-based software players like Power DVD can play encrypted
DVDs!

If I can go out and buy PowerDVD to watch movies on my Windows computer, and
that's legal, isn't it about time there was legal software to play movies on
my Linux computer? How many years has it been, yet if we WANT to be legal,
what software can we buy?

Till this absurd situation changes, I don't apologize for downloading
libdvdcss.

Bryan

Just like playing Linux or playing packman, I've never seen a distro that couldn't be brought up the speed..... Discretion is the better part of valor...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
RANKIN LAW FIRM, PLLC