Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Sales?
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 15:23:35 +0200
> > licensed it. I used to email the manufacturer and ask when could I buy it,
> > but as the demand wasn't big enough, they ignored it.

That reminds me to the biggest example of dumb thinking I have ever
bumped into. I once politely requested a Linux version of a
Windows-only application. I got a nasty reply back from the technical
support guys that they had no plans of ever making a Linux version
becasue demand wasn't high enough, and would everyone please stop
asking for a Linux version.. they were sick and tired of the hundreds
of email requests they were getting for a Linux version of their
software.

If they had stopped and thought about what they were saying in the
email they might not have said it... they were upset at the massive
volume of requests for a Linux version, but apparently the demand
wasn't there.

I wonder if the guys who make the DVD player think the same thing?

C.

< Previous Next >