Re: [SLE] ndiswrapper on suse 9.3
  • From: Jos van Kan <vankan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:03:13 +0200
Paul Howie wrote:
Hi list,

I've got a D-Link DWL-G122 Rev C1 USB dongle that I'm trying to get
working in SuSE 9.3 with ndiswrapper.

So far I've installed ndiswrapper with yast, found some compatible
winxp drivers and loaded them up. Now I'm a bit stuck though.

I've tried using yast to add a new network device, both as USB and
with the module specified as ndiswrapper but ifconfig never gives me
any indication that it's made any difference.

I get the following useful output:

linux:/home/panda # ndiswrapper -l
Installed ndis drivers:
dr71wu driver present, hardware present

linux:/home/panda # modprobe -v ndiswrapper
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.11.4-21.11-default/extra/ndiswrapper.ko

linux:/home/panda # ifconfig
(snip)

Does (/sbin/)lsusb lists the device? Otherwise there might be something amiss with the usb set up.

Regards,

--
Jos van Kan registered Linux user #152704