Re: [SLE] noauto setting not working in fstab entry for vfat partition
  • From: Carl Hartung <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 21:04:52 -0400
On Monday 24 April 2006 20:26, Joseph Loo wrote:
> > Following are the relevant entries in /etc/fstab:
> >
> > /dev/hdb12 /mnt/hdb-bak reiserfs noauto,acl,user_xattr 1 2
> >
> > /dev/hdc1 /mnt/hdc-bak vfat
> > noauto,users,gid=users,umask=0002,utf8=true 0 0
> >
> > (Note the 'noauto' declaration in each entry.)
> >
> > Upon booting, hdb12 has not been mounted automatically, which is the
> > desired behavior. However, hdc1 *is* mounting automatically.

> Try changing your 1 2 at the end of the fstab file to 0 0.

Hi Joseph,

The last line actually does end in 0 0

It turns out gnome-volume-manager was automounting hdc1 each time I logged
into GNOME. Someone pointed me to the program 'gnome-volume-properties' (it
normally resides under Desktop>Preferences in GNOME) and unchecked all the
automounting functions listed there. That solved my problem, but when I have
time I'm going to try narrowing it down to the specific function.

Thank you very much for your response!

regards,

Carl