Re: [SLE] screen, mouse, kb lockup
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 14:59:08 -0500
On 1/29/03, Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> While attempting to stop a video playing on Macro Media Flash Player 7,
> I managed to lock out everything. I could not move the mouse cursor,
> the arrow keys and the rest of the kb didn't work, ctl-alt-del did nothing.
> None of the function keys did anything. (The video was something downloaded
> from the 'net via Firefox.) I wound up pulling the big switch, as us hams
> like to say. Is there anything else I could have done?
>
> I'm trying to put Linux to practical use, and this is the first time I've seen
> 10.0 crash, so it's good, but not fool-proof. (If something can be broken,
> this fool will break it!)

Yeah, that's the problem with closed source programs ... :)

Anyway, did you try a network access, so you can kill firefox?

Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a
2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.