Re: [SLE] Is SUSE the market-place chicken or the egg?
  • From: "Peter Van Lone" <petervl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:15:07 -0500
> On 4/25/06, mlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Where are the big
> > SUSE-using customers hiding? I'll point our sales people. :-)
> > Products are hardware crypto, networked security/crypto appliances, secured
> > application servers, etc.
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > I hate not seeing SUSE on the list every time a release goes out the door.

well first:

I would say that since SUSE is the worlds #2 enterrpise distro, the
large customers are out there. It's just a numbers game. If your
company chooses not to find where they live and pursue them, then it
is either poor judgement or poor marketing analysis or teh result of a
strategic decision. Why ask us?

Second:

Why ask a list serve? Contact Novell about becoming a partner. If your
company sells enterprise scale linux appliances and services to the
financial market, I can gaurantee that Novell will want to partner
with you.

Peter