Re: [SLE] Tcl/Tk library file bug FIXED !
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 10:38:48 -0400
On Tuesday 25 April 2006 6:54 pm, Maura Edeweiss Monville wrote:
> White smoke ...
> I succeeded in creating the Monte Carlo executable that links the CERN
> library and the Tcl/Tk .a and .h files.
> I just got rid of a macro that is proprietary for Sun Unix but it's
> deleterius on Linux/Suse. The culprit is " -Df2cFortran".
> This option was in the list of the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.
> I realized it was junk when I launched "make -p".
> This is a left-over from the installation procedure for Sun.
> It's just amazing that "make" did not complain about it !
Good news.
BTW: HP has a Solaris to Linux porting guide on their DSPP site. One of the
more useful chapters is a direct comparison of compiler options.
Porting Guide:
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/files/unprotected/linux/sol_to_linux_porting_guide.pdf
White Paper:
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/files/unprotected/solaris_linux.pdf