Re: [SLE] Is SUSE the market-place chicken or the egg?
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:54:15 +0100
I'm going to put forward a theory here, it's just a guess, my personal
thoughts. Perhaps the people actually responsible for software
implementation in some of the major global organisations simply do not
have the time to sign up to this mailing list. They wouldn't know
about what was going on if this is the case. RH is a long established
Enterprise version of Linux, so maybe that's what the implementers
automatically think of?

So, technically speaking, SuSE may well be the #2 Enterprise Linux
(possibly #1) but this is why these people don't know it.

As I say, just a thought based on having been in the position of
choosing and implementing software in an academic environment. Sadly
it was 100% Microsoft :-(((

Xmas may be over but, PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay