Re: [SLE] Re: print from K-Mail run together
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:58:20 -0400

>Doug:
>
>I'd suggest going into settings and changing the font to one that your
>printer has natively. That does the trick for me.
>
>Chuck

I'm not sure that a Laserjet has any font natively. I went to settings
and tried Courier, in a couple of flavors, which almost any printer can
handle, and I got a line of garbage followed by two blank pages. This
printer should definitely be supported--it can read PostScript. From
Windows it will print anything I throw at it, and after a dog's age,
it will print SuSE's Firefox images, print and graphic.

I wish Courier worked--it is much easier to read on-screen, for these
old and damaged eyes. (That's what I've got this Eudora set up for.)

To remind the reader: Laserjet 2200D.