Re: [SLE] Re: print from K-Mail run together
  • From: "Richard Mancusi" <vrman49@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:21:56 -0500
On 4/27/06, Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>
> I'm not sure that a Laserjet has any font natively. I went to settings
> and tried Courier, in a couple of flavors, which almost any printer can
> handle, and I got a line of garbage followed by two blank pages. This
> printer should definitely be supported--it can read PostScript. From
<snip>

>To remind the reader: Laserjet 2200D.

I don't know about the 2200D, but my Laserjet 5500dtn has 90 pcl
fonts and 80 ps fonts built-in. Look in your printer's config and see
if you can print a font list.

The garbage you are printing sounds very much like a configuration
problem. Are you running CUPS? There appears to be a driver in
CUPS for your printer. Try to adjust those settings (like pre-filter, etc)
and use the HP driver if available.

good luck
Rich

< Previous Next >