Re: [SLE] The future of SuSE Sales?
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 11:12:43 +0100
On 28/04/06, Olusola Fadero <olusola.fadero@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Copied from the website-
> http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/LinDVD.jsp
>
> "Can I get a copy of LinDVD?
> LinDVD, InterVideo's Linux software DVD player, is currently available only
> to manufacturers for evaluation and integration. InterVideo is engaged with
> top computer, Internet appliance, and set-top box manufacturers to provide
> the highest quality DVD playback for their devices. InterVideo is committed
> to providing outstanding multimedia software solutions for the Linux
> operating system. We are actively engaged with the Linux community, Linux
> platform manufacturers, and DVD content providers to deliver a robust, high
> quality DVD software player solution. We are
> recruiting<http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/Company.jsp?mode=Jobs>talented
> Linux developers to build multimedia applications that will make
> Linux fun and accessible to everyone."
>
> -Anyone on this list in Tawian want a job?
>
> Olusola

I don't know if anybody has seen anything about Freespire but it will
- apparently - be capable of playing commercial DVDs. It is the long
awaited FOSS version of Linspire. May be I read the blurb incorrectly
but it certainly sounds as though it will have 'full' DVD playback
capability. Now, if this is the case, how are they doing it? Would
it be possible to incorporate this method into SuSE? I say that last
bit with the assumption that there is no grey area when it comes to
legality issues, as there are with libdvdcss.
Xmas may be over but, PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay