Re: [SLE] bash printscreen key?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 23:45:58 -0700
Michael,

On Friday 28 April 2006 20:17, Michael W Cocke wrote:
> The answer to this is probably in front of me, but it's been a long
> day...
>
> I have a SuSE 9.3 system, no x-windows, just a bash console. I want
> to be able to hit the printscreen key and get a hardcopy of the
> screen contents - no graphics, just text (there is some color, which
> I don't need).
>
> P.S. It doesn't HAVE to be the printscreen key - I don't care if it's
> the fred key - just let me get a hardcopy.

I don't think you really have any options for an actual screen capture.
You can try using the "script" program to maintain a transcript (as a
text file) of the interactions in a shell session, but there's no
software I'm aware of that can grab images from the text console's
frame buffer.

Perhaps someone is aware of something I'm not, however.

> Thanks.
>
> Mike-

Randall Schulz