Re: [SLE] Seamonkey
  • From: kai <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 09:20:28 -0700
On Saturday 29 April 2006 08:36 am, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:
> On Saturday 29 April 2006 5:53 am, Peter Nikolic wrote:
> > Go one better
> >
> > switch to Seamonkey i have had absolutley no problems since i switched
> > on all 3 boxes 9.2 32bit 10.0 32bit 10.0 x86_64 and now the
> > laptop
>
> on
>
> > 10.1rc x86_64 ..
>
> I never heard of Seamonkey until you referred to it, but a web search
> showed me that it's a Mozilla project. The Linux version is based on GTK,
> so I wonder: does Seamonkey play well with KDE? Firefox has some problems
> in that context, though they're not fatal.

Seamonkey is the successor to the full-featured Netscape/Mozilla program,
which is essentially firefox + thunderbird rolled into one.

I have it on a VMWare partitition running 10.1RC2 and it seems fine there
under KDE. It plays exactly the same as Firefox as far as I can tell.
--
kai - www.perfectreign.com
www.livebeans.com - the new NetBeans community

43...for those who require slightly more than
the answer to life, the universe and everything.

< Previous Next >