Re: [SLE] Re: ordering 10.1 is not going to be easy, apparently ( more)
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:13:59 +1000
Chuck Davis wrote:
When SuSE was in charge of SuSE a preorder resulted in the package
being on my doorstep the day it was available @ retail. That was a
real treat. I miss those days.

Chuck

On 4/29/06, Clint Tinsley <clintin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Still no joy... in fact I wound up w/ this page information after a
> > > "tighter" structured search :
> > >
> > > Search Results
> > > Not Found
> > >
> > > Promo
> > > Search Again

> > > * Help
> > >
> > > Your search for "Suse10.1" returned no results
> > > Search Tips
> >
> > You can always buy from Amazon.com. In the past they've made it
> > available for pre-order as soon as SuSE / Novell announced it and have
> > had pretty good prices, too.

SuSE 10.1 is not released product at this time. SuSE 10.1 just went to
Release Candidate 3 this weekend; if it is available in the retail channels
by end of the May I will be surprised. Pre-Order! Oh yeh, right. As a
member of the Novell Community, I pre-ordered SuSE 10.0 Retail from Novell
directly late last year and had to wait over a month for delivery and Novell
wouldn't even tell me when I might get it! It finally showed up on my
doorstep in early December as I recall. However, I will endorse Amazon as
being a good place to pre-order it as long as you are willing to wait and
save some money, a little.

Clint
I ordered my copy of v10.0 from Novell direct and it was delivered to my doorstep a few days after it was released. And I live in Australia (Canberra, the Capital).

Cheers.

--
I was very heavily into pornography. Then my pornograph broke.