Re: [SLE] Mozilla Mail mail filter file?
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 08:11:15 -0400
On 06/04/30 03:53 (GMT-0400) Basil Chupin apparently typed:

> Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC) wrote:

>> I have used the GUI message filters substantially and currently have
>> over 100 filters. Some of these filters uncheck themselves and so they
>> are not run the next time a message that matches the filter criteria
>> is received.

>> I am assuming that the details I have entered via the GUI are stored
>> in a text file and I would like to start editing that file directly. I
>> have done some searching through ~/ I have not been able to locate a
>> file that holds the filter information, even in ~/.mozilla.

>> Is my assumption right that I can edit the filters in a text file and
>> if so where/what is this this file called?

> The file is called 'training.dat' in the Profile (Default)
> sub-directory but it wouldn't be editable - see for yourself.

Google is your friend:

training.dat -> junk system
msgFilterRules.dat -> messages filters (oddly enough)

http://www.mozilla.org/mailnews/arch/filters/
http://www.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla1.7.13/installation.html
http://www.mozilla.org/mailnews/arch/spam/
--
"Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but
rather expose them." Ephesians 5:11 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409